SQL Column Heading

From: <mohd.shihabuddin_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2006 18:15:13 -0800

Hi guys,

When we execute a select stmt in sqlplus we don't get the column headings full , it is shown according to the data in that column. So, i want to display the column headings in full as it was mentioned , while creating the table.
Can tell by setting which parameter of column , it will show me the full column heading.

Now,
Eg:- select employee_nmbr,employee_name from emp;

emplo emp

1            KP

I want,

Eg:- select employee_nmbr,employee_name from emp;

employee_nmbr employee_name

1                          KP

Just chk the column headings in both the SQL stmts, I want the output as it is in the 2nd eg.

Is there a single command to set this behavious universally so that i dont have to user 'format' command for all column. Received on Mon Feb 06 2006 - 20:15:13 CST