Re: SQLDMO for Oracle

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:05:08 -0800

narayan.k.verma_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I am developing a product where I do not want the users to directly
> work with these tools. I want that handled via my application.
>
> My goals apart, it there such a tool or API?
>
> SQLDMO does not re-invent the wheel. It just provides an API over
> which you can change the database structures, create backups etc.
> Those tools do have a value.
>
> Thanks.

Worse than reinventing the wheel ... this has bad idea written all over it. No one should be backing up anything using any tool other than RMAN.

Simply put ... to do the changes ... just build an API to the DBMS_SQL built-in package. To do the backups reinvent the existing DB Consol/Grid Control API to RMAN.

But don't expect anyone to pay money for what they can get for free.

http://www.psoug.org
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)