Re: SQLDMO for Oracle

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 13:42:24 +0000

In message <1bv8u11gcds75j3c3vrmb66eapcgb01v76_at_4ax.com>, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> writes
>On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 08:45:43 +0000, Jim Smith
><jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>You need to get over this fear of difference that you have, Sybrand.
>>Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong, or even
>>inferior.
>>
>>Providing an application which can carry out backups and database
>>maintenance without employing a DBA is a very useful. Not everyone wants
>>or can afford to employ an expensive and arrogant DBA for every little
>>application they buy.
>

>Apparently you are unaware of the messes end-users can create, Jim.
>You shouldn't allow people to do work they have no qualification for.
>But apparently people buying every little application are better off
>with an arrogant, knowing everything better, clown like you.

You really are very offensive person. Your first instinct is always to assume that other people know less than you, when others point out your errors your reaction is to use personal insults.

Tell me this. Which is more likely to cause problems?

1 Giving users access to Enterprise Manager 2 Giving users access to an application which lets them carry out limited dba activities under conditions and control determined by the programmer.

--
Jim Smith
I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.