Recommendations for Oracle Training

From: <josephdeveloper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2006 11:49:40 -0800

Greetings,

A group of developers at my company are looking for a customized oracle 10g training class to be held on-site in New Jersey. They are good developers who have used sybase for some time, but have never done any oracle development. Initially, they need to port a sybase application with lots of stored procedures from sybase to oracle, but will be developing news apps from scratch in the near future too. I'm already an oracle developer, but not with 10g, and I'm not experienced enough to teach them.

They want training on the architecture of the oracle database engine, basic administration, performance tuning recommendations, PL/SQL training, and other various topics.

In general, they want the class to cover the basics of oracle architecture to gain a general understanding of what goes on behind the scenes in oracle (not learning about what tables are, tuples, how to write sql or do joins - they already know database fundamentals), learn enough administration (imp/exp/loader/tuning/logmining) to support development (we have oracle DBAs on-site who manage the staging and production systems) and then dive in head-first into PL/SQL.

They are working on a complete list of topics for the curriculum (not ready yet) - I'm just hoping to get a head start on trainer recommendations for them.

Has anyone had customized training such as this? Can you recommend a good trainer who can put a one week course together on a broad range of oracle topics and be able to dive deep during the course when detail-oriented questions come up? They are looking for a course on-site (Princeton NJ area) sometime in Feb or Mar 2006.

Thanks,
Frank Received on Thu Feb 02 2006 - 13:49:40 CST