Re: Materialized View Replication

From: Björn Wächter <bwc_at_p3-solutions.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:15:39 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:

> Björn Wächter wrote:
>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I want to use this in an Oracle 10g enviroment between
>> two databases.
>>
>> CONNECT scott/tiger_at_tsh2
>>
>> CREATE DATABASE LINK TSH1.WORLD CONNECT TO scott IDENTIFIED BY tiger
>> USING 'TSH1.WORLD';
>>
>> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW emp_mv
>> BUILD IMMEDIATE
>> REFRESH FORCE
>> ON DEMAND
>> AS
>> SELECT * FROM emp_at_tsh1.world;
>>
>> The problem is that I'm not able to create the db link from tsh2 to
>> tsh1 but it is possible to create it from tsh1 to tsh2. Is there a
>> way to use replication?
>>
>> Thanks Björn
>

> Make sure tsh2 has tsh1 in its TNSNAMES.ORA file.
>
> What error message are you getting? The actual message not your
> interpretation of it.

I'm not facing an actual problem. We have to subnets say: A: 10.1.0.XXX and B: 10.2.0.XXX
One DB is in subnet A the other one is in subnet B. The firewall between both subnets allows only connections from A to B for Oracle but not the other way round. I want ot create the MV in the DB in Subnet B.

Thanks Björn Received on Mon Jan 30 2006 - 02:15:39 CST