Re: New bie

From: Erland Sommarskog <esquel_at_sommarskog.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:05:12 +0000 (UTC)

DA Morgan (damorgan_at_psoug.org) writes:

> Dan Guzman wrote:

>> You can download the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition from the link below.
>> Not only is it free and fully functional, you can use it in production
>> application too.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=220549b5-0b07-
>> 4448-8848-dcc397514b41&displaylang=en
>
> Which is, of course, precisely what you can do with Oracle XE except
> that you then are not limited to a single brain-dead operating system.

Indeed, a very grown-up comment!

If Dan insulted you by only posting a link to SQL Server 2005, and not mentioning Oracle, I can only say I am sorry. But since I know Dan as a very nice and friendly person, I am fully convinced that his purpose was only to be helpful with what he could contribute with. Besides, someone else had already posted a link to Oracle XE.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel_at_sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at