Re: pivot/transform in Oracle

From: <oaksong_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2006 11:59:40 -0800

Well...it was worth a try. :)

The actual results without MAX are, for instance with Watch 1, 5 rows with D'Arcy in 4 of them and Jame Robin, one Name for each day of the week in which the individual is listed in the basic output. So it looks a bit like a sparse checker board.

And I misphrased my comment after the second grid shown above where the sentance begins 'Notice that I get', it should have said 'Notice that I should like to get'.

As I stated above, using MAX, I only get one record for Watch 1 (or any of the Watchs) since MAX takes only the first NAME encountered and ignores the rest.

Thanks for following this. Received on Fri Jan 27 2006 - 13:59:40 CST