what's wrong with this query?

From: Kevin Blount <kevin.blount_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2006 11:57:21 -0800

Hi, can anyone tell me what's wrong with this query? I'm trying to insert values into a table, where a record with 2 of those values doesn't already exist:

the values for person_id, object_id, person_type and show_profile are ASP (not .NET) variables, setup before I create the query

INSERT INTO table_nameA
(person_id,object_id,person_type,show_profile)
 VALUES
(120,137,1,0)

WHERE NOT EXISTS (
  SELECT *
  FROM table_nameA
  WHERE person_id = 120 AND object_id = 137 )

I get an error saying that the "SQL command not properly ended"

thanks Received on Thu Jan 26 2006 - 13:57:21 CST