Re: Several question about select.

From: Eitan <no_spam_please_at_nospam_please.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:03:54 +0200

any kind.
I want a generic method for doing a select. maybe the table was big enough,
and then I do :

select x from
(select rownum as x from my_big_table) a
where x = 1234.

The result will be as the where statement : 1234.
(if I put another value on the where statement,
 i.e 1002, then I'll get the result of 1002, etc...)

So the above is OK, but not elegant.

I don't want to force build of a table that containes a lot of rows.
(If there is another option, then OK.

If there cannot be another option, then I'll build a big table for that). I want to use even a small table.
select x from
(select rownum as x from dual) a

where x = 1.

only x = 1 works for dual.

I need a tricky way to do so. Received on Thu Jan 26 2006 - 09:03:54 CST