Re: whenever sqlerror is an unknown statement?

From: <jjsavage_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2006 11:21:47 -0800

  1. Ah - I forget I'm running the script from a Delphi program that logs into the database with different priveleges than the SQL Workshop that comes with Oracle.
  2. This is bad news, since I really need to create a table dynamically somehow, but only if it doesn't already exist. How is this done in Oracle?
  3. I'm porting our application from SQL Server to Oracle, that's why there's all the Server-isms. If I had my choice, I'd be doing this in MySQL: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS pass(...) Now THAT'S what I call a good language design. But there's more to a database than a good SQL implementation.
  4. It's a number; that might be part of the problem too.
  5. That shows the error, which is better than crashing, but doesn't create the table.

Thanks,
  John Received on Wed Jan 25 2006 - 13:21:47 CST