Re: Migrating from Oracle 9i to 10g - RAC challenges

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:51:46 -0800

pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in wrote:
> Greetings,
> Can someone please tell me some link or some documents
> reagarding the challenges faced in RAC when migrating from Oracle 9i to
> 10g?
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> TIA
I can't think of any specific documents that address challenges nor, from my standpoint any challenges other than the need to read the install docs, what is at metalink, and prepare for a bit of frustration where the docs are incorrect.

I can tell you that 10gR2 RAC is a very substantial improvement over 9i RAC. New tools such as cluster verify CVUQDISK and CRSTAT make a life a lot more fun.

Tail crsd.log and you will get a real sense of what is going with the cluster in a way that wasn't possible with 9i.

Puget Sound Oracle Users Group is offering a two day hands-on 10gR2 RAC class if you are interested.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org