Tuning index tablespaces

From: Tarby777 <nick_williamson_at_mentorg.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2006 08:31:05 -0800

Hi all,

My app has several tablespaces dedicated to b-tree indexes, nothing else. I'm curious to know how I might best configure these T/Ss for good performance. I've read Burleson's articles in which he proves a reduction in logical reads by using larger blocksizes - and I'm going to try that - but I'd be interested to learn of any other proven performance mods for dedicated index tablespaces.

Obviously, making use of multiple disks would be a good thing, but I'm thinking more of options that might be specified in the CREATE TABLESPACE statement, or instance parameters that could be tweaked. The T/Ss are already locally-managed, with auto segment space allocation...

TIA
Tarby Received on Wed Jan 18 2006 - 10:31:05 CST