Re: Including/parsing out text from within document in query..

From: <noel.whelan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2006 07:06:40 -0800

If this can't be done; I'd be interested in why - conceptually, the content's been indexed and is therefore identifiable within the database, in which case it's odd to me that I couldn't parse out certain parts of it.

Is there documentation on this which could provide insight on why I'd be incorrect on that? Thanks.

In either case, for now what I'm thinking I'll do is parse out the content of interest with xpdf/pdftotext prior to importing, than include this with the blob; but it just feels inefficient/wrong.. Received on Wed Jan 18 2006 - 09:06:40 CST