Re: Trigger error: Too many open cursors

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:01:01 +0100

Andreas Mosmann schrieb am 17.01.2006 in <1137495393.2_at_user.newsoffice.de>:

Hi Sybrand, Frank and Carlos!

Sometimes I am that stupid! I thaought to remember that positive values are given by oracle, negative values are given by user.

When I looked into the manual again I found it like you said. But I do not know where I had my "knowledge" from, better for that one.

When I searched for pragma EXCEPTION_INIT I found all as you said. By the way, if I raise an user- defined exception I can not give a message, if I raise it by raise_application_error I do not need to define it by exception_init.
why should I use exception_init? I would have a better result to define constants and use them inside a procedure like raise_application_error(ConstExceptionNumber_NoMoreIdeas, ConstExceptionText_NoMoreIdeas)

Is there a thing I missed?

thanks to you all for your help
Andreas

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de