Re: Who is this called

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2006 04:31:16 -0800

Kurt-Erich.Finger_at_hte-company.de wrote:
> PIPES_AS_CONCAT works.
> Yesterday I also searched for "mysql concatenation operator"
> .. however at mySQL!
> I didn't find the sql-mode page
>
> Using google now it was number two on the list.
>
> Kurt-Erich

If you are looking for a general unofficial terminology used for this sort of thing then you can search for "Master/Slave sql script" or "Generate sql from sql script" in c.d.o.* and you will get few hits.

Basically there is no official Oracle name for this sort of thing if that is what you are looking for. Sqlplus is used to interact with the Oracle backend. It can also format and spool everything to a file what it prints on the screen. Throw the Oracle "dual" in the mix and if you have used sqlplus long enough then you can come up with any number of ways to "generate" any script on the fly without typing everything in.

Now what official name would you give to each one of those scripts?

Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Jan 16 2006 - 06:31:16 CST