Re: open source PostgreSQL not supportable?

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:14:36 GMT

Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:51:19 GMT, Frank Hamersley
> <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
>

>>Christopher Browne wrote:

> [snip]
>
>>> Some countries plan to implement
>>>the accord in 2008;
>>
>>Wrong - its 2007 for most countries, 2008 for the US and other wimps.

> How is he wrong? This statement of yours means that some
> countries plan to implement in 2008. Are you wrong, too?

Nope - an error of omission IMO overrides the narrower reading. BTW, if not already apparent, I agree with the thrust of CB's post that an open source product could in the right hands deliver the goods as far as the various statutes tossed in to this topic.

> Less heat and more light, please.

It was a kitchen last time I cooked! The original incitement to my comments was absolutist so I was aiming to be consistent. Regardless of light or heat its all combustion.

Cheers, Frank. Received on Sun Jan 15 2006 - 10:14:36 CST