Oracle SQL Date Calculations?

From: RK <rekaben_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2006 10:33:41 -0800

Hi, just like to have some quick command reference.

By the following command:

select to_date('20051231','YYYYMMDD') - to_date('20051101','YYYYMMDD') from dual;

we can get the difference between the two dates are 60 days.

By using add_months() we can get the month from given difference.

Are there more such quick tools? I would need the following:

Given a date for the day during a given week, output the start and end date(s) of that week;

How about given day in a month? Year?

Feburary's last day, or leap year or not?

Thanks. Received on Fri Jan 13 2006 - 12:33:41 CST