Re: coordinate my OracleDB with a foreign OracleDB: time-problem

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:12:44 +0100

Andreas Mosmann wrote:
> Frank van Bortel schrieb am 11.01.2006 in
> <dq3os1$cf1$1_at_news6.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>:
>

>> Andreas Mosmann wrote:
>>

> Ah, now I understand. You told me to drop because you wanted to create.
> But if I will not create truncate is enough. Am I right now?

Yes you are. There is indeed no need to drop the table, if you cannot create it, using a 'create table as select * from' statement.

>> It looks like I do id not quite understand your setup.
>> I *assumed* from your steps 1-6, a single process would
>> be capable of connecting to MyDB as well as OtherDB.

> In that moment it is. But later I only can use a web- interface to
> OtherDB. So a db- link will not work. (And again: Am I right?)

Not for the long term - but to see why the process takes so long, it could make things obvious. Just use it until it is clear why your process takes so long, and in which step it takes so much time. After all, you are trying to prove something...

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...