Re: Server and Client on laptop. Remove one of the TNSNAMES.ORA files?

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 15:18:10 -0800

No you are both right there was no reason. I had problems with MDAC failing, and it was setting registry values for oraclient.dll, which I assumed wrongly were only in the client install.

We have the same problem on several computers here: When we upgrade from ora 8 to 9.1 or 9.2, it all works fine, but when we restart after getting it all working the system fails: its slow, we get all kinds of OCI.DLL failure messages when we try to use ADO software that we wrote. My co-worker mentioned that we may need to do a full uninstall, including all registry entries for oracle, then re-install 9.2i. We use ADO components to access oracle, which is why we need to have MDAC up-to-date, but honestly I don't know enough about MDAC to know what the real issues are, or even what MDAC does.

Thanks for the help!

Dean Received on Tue Jan 10 2006 - 17:18:10 CST