Re: please help me with some cheat sheets

From: G Quesnel <dbaguy_ott_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 11:02:30 -0800

I second the response from Volker.
I think that I am a pretty good team player, but when I was ask to provide basic documentation on "How to solve Oracle database problems", so that the help desk could solve any problems without having to contact a DBA, my response was that they should all become DBAs. An Oracle 8 DBA handbook is over 800 pages, and things aren't getting simpler. It's hard to know what you will need, because even simple tasks like shutdown and startup can get tricky if you don't know about parameter files, listeners, alert logs ... Received on Tue Jan 10 2006 - 13:02:30 CST