Re: Code Re-Use Via Views

From: windcliff <windcliff_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2006 08:20:27 -0800

One of the ideas that's been talked about in my group is using text pre-processing to simulate this, e.g., if two queries share the same select list and group by clauses but differe in having clauses, we should be able to use comething like the C preprocessor to minimize the textual repetition at bare minimum.

I've thought about using pipelined functions or returning cursors from functions, but my gut tells me joining to their output will be slow. I guess I'll try benchmarking. Received on Mon Jan 09 2006 - 10:20:27 CST