Re: Problem with OraOLEDB - select returns deleted rows

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 06:44:04 -0500

"MadeOfRose" <mehmetgulden_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136627107.775991.123940_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> hi
> i am so new on oracle.
> My problem is i cannot delete rows from a table.Look like deleted but
> it is not :D
>
> i am working on web application which works with ASP.
> And i deleted some rows from isqlpus interface.
> But when i list records from ASP page i still see the rows which i
> deleted before,i do not see the rows when i run the same listing query
> from isqlplus
>
> i use OraOLEDB at ASP side,it is basic connection with ADO
> here is the some part of my ASP code
>
> 'This is how i connect to DB
> Dim Conn
> Function OpenConnection()
> If isObject(Conn) Then
> Exit Function
> End if
> Set Conn = server.CreateObject("ADODB.CONNECTION")
> Conn.ConnectionString =
> Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=oracle;Persist Security
> Info=True;User ID=SYSTEM;Data Source=orcl
> Conn.CursorLocation = aduseServer
> Conn.Open()
> End Function
>
> 'This is how i run the query
> conn.execute "Select * from YAZILAR"
>
> 'This is what i runned from isqlplus interface
> delete YAZILAR where DOKUMANID>'360'
>
> Thanks for any help

did you issue a COMMIT in SQL*Plus?

did you test your ASP query in a 2nd SQL*Plus session?

likely you will find the same problem in any 2nd sesson (ASP, SQL*Plus, TOAD, Raptor, etc.) if you did not issue a COMMIT

by default, Oracle does not automaticaly commit data changs (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE), which is different from some environments you may be used to.

++ mcs Received on Sun Jan 08 2006 - 05:44:04 CST