Re: What's special about this create table statement?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:40:52 -0800

dean wrote:
> CREATE TABLE "UPD"."SELECTED_NODES" ("SEQ_I" NUMBER NOT NULL,
> "NODE_I" NUMBER NOT NULL, "LABEL_S" VARCHAR2(1 byte),
> CONSTRAINT "PK_SELECTED_NODES" PRIMARY KEY("NODE_I")
> USING INDEX
> STORAGE ( INITIAL 0K NEXT 0K MINEXTENTS 0 MAXEXTENTS 0
> PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) PCTFREE 10
> INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255) PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1
> MAXTRANS 255
> STORAGE ( INITIAL 0K NEXT 0K MINEXTENTS 0 MAXEXTENTS 0
> PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1)
> NOLOGGING
>

> I'm trying to determine what it is about this table that lets me insert
> records into it in one session, commit them, and still not see them in
> another identical (SQL+) session.
>
> It was set up so that different users can insert and delete
> independently and for it to look like their data is the only data in
> the table, I just don't see how it works.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dean

Two possibilities come to mind.

One, that it is a global temporary table, has been offered up by others. The second though is that there are two tables with the same name.

When you are in the second session try this too:

SELECT owner
FROM all_tables
WHERE table_name = 'SELECTED_NODES';

It should return UPD ... but it may not.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org