runInstaller window problem?

From: <google-groups_at_jonze.com>
Date: 5 Jan 2006 04:43:48 -0800

Hello,

I'm trying to install Oracle 10g linux client (10201_client_linux32.zip). The target machine is an Intel Pentium III machine running CentOS 4.2. I am attempting to install over an ssh Xorg forwarded session from my desktop (a FreeBSD box running Xorg/fluxbox).

Here is the output from my terminal window, which looks normal:

[oracle_at_light client]$ ./runInstaller
Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

Checking installer requirements...

Checking operating system version: must be redhat-3, SuSE-9, redhat-4, UnitedLinux-1.0, asianux-1 or asianux-2

                                      Passed

All installer requirements met.

Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2006-01-05_12-24-28PM. Please wait ...[oracle_at_light client]$ Oracle Universal Installer, Version 10.2.0.1.0 Production Copyright (C) 1999, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

This opens a new (X forwarded) splash screen window, then shortly afterwards a second larger window which displays the following in black text on a white background:

Welcome

The Oracle Universal Installer guides you through the installation and configuration of you

Click "installed products..." to install all products.

Note that there is no background image or colour in the window and that the second sentence is cut off as it appears in the X forwarded window. The window is not resizeable.

Can anyone suggest a way of overcoming this problem? The target box is hosted remotely and it is not convenient to install the X client and access it locally. Received on Thu Jan 05 2006 - 06:43:48 CST