Re: trivia: origin of names for UPPER() and LOWER()

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2005 16:26:02 -0800

>and who remembers why the QWERTY layout was invented?

Ooh, Ooh, I do, I do!

To make the typists as slow as possible!

(actually a myth, see http://home.earthlink.net/~dcrehr/whyqwert.html )

I have a portable fold-up typewriter from the late 40's or early 50's down in my basement somewheres, if I didn't sell it at the swap meet (can't remember).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2005/12/ipod-giveaway-7-steve-jobs#comments