Log switche during import

From: Gerard Lacroix <kochel_verz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Dec 2005 08:53:08 -0800

Hi.
Sorry for another newbie question.
The log switches were too frequent during normal operation, so I resized my redo files from 30 M to 100 M each (three groups). Everything worked fine then, but during a 1 million rows import, the time between switches went down to 1 minute, even less sometimes. I know the log switches should occur more frequently during the import, but isn't it to low ?
Should I change the redo configuration before this kind of tasks ?

Thanks.

BANNER

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production
CORE 9.2.0.6.0 Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production Received on Thu Dec 29 2005 - 10:53:08 CST