Re: open source PostgreSQL not supportable?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:17:20 -0500

> Failing that, there is the above mentioned choice of companies that will
> take my money and listen to me, regarless of obnoxiousness, merit of the
> question, hangovers, and christmas dinners.

I think you'll discover that "degree of obnoxiousness" has a significant effect on whether people are prepared to provide support contracts.

A local PostgreSQL user group had several consultants singing the non-praises of a particular client (which shall remain nameless!).

This client was in the habit of not paying them on a timely basis, and of treating them fairly shabbily, in general.

That sort of thing tends to lead to people being uninterested in taking the support contract...

--
"cbbrowne","@","gmail.com"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/slony.html