Re: New tool for database developers, DBAs and analysts!

From: <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Dec 2005 06:48:58 -0800

> HansF wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:19:00 -0800, OracleUser wrote:
>
> Oh heavens me, yet another spam/scam artist .... download the 30 day trial
> for free and then pay $800 for a site license.

Hans, Hans, Hans, your use and reference to a "scam" isn't exactly true is it?

I read their website content. It says (check http://www.impact-sol.com/buy.html)

"The free version expires at the end of each month and you must either purchase a license or download it again at the beginning of each month for further evaluation. "

This has a ring of familiarity about it. From Quest Softwares website (check http://www.toadsoft.com/downld.html) re Toad it says

"The TOAD Freeware version may be used for a maximum of five (5) users within Licensee's organization and expires each sixty (60) days, after which you will need to download and install the product again."

Neither companies are scam artists! If you don't like spammers limit your criticism to the spamming. Neither product however is a scam. The approach to pay or use a timebombed version is not unique or unusual.

Merry Christmas
Barry Received on Fri Dec 23 2005 - 08:48:58 CST