Re: OO4O preparing statements?

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:15:44 +0100

Jim Kennedy wrote:
> "Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote in message
>

>>Jim Kennedy wrote:
>>
>>>"Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote in message

>>>I usually wrap them in a procedure and the first time they are called

> they
>
>>>run and thereafter I call the refresh method.
>>
>>Yes, but I wanted to get rid of that this-is-my-first-call stuff...
>>But it looks like I'm stuck with it.
>>
>>Lots of thanks nevertheless.
>>Volker

> You could search for something that can't exist. It will do the query, but
> not return any rows.

My statements were inserts.
Well, unfortunately, it turned out it was too slow anyway, even with array binds. Next stop:sql*loader...
I really didn't expect it to be so hard loading a couple hundred thousand spatial objects into a database.

Lots of Greetings and thanks nevertheless! Volker Received on Fri Dec 23 2005 - 04:15:44 CST