Update query on Oracle with PL/SQL

From: John61 <wanghaodong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:08:55 -0600

We're moving a SQL Server database to Oracle. I have difficulty in converting this update query to PL/SQL. The query involves three tables, and ran fine in SQL Server. But I just can't figure out how to rewrite it as I'm totally new to PL/SQL.

UPDATE AAA
SET AAA.mm = BBBB.nn, AAAA.xx = BBB.yy
from (BBB INNER JOIN CCC ON (BBB.ee = CCC.ff)) INNER JOIN AAA ON (CCC.pp = AAA.qq) AND (BBB.ss = AAA.tt)

As there are millions of records in those tables, each run on SQL server takes about 1 hour or so. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long on Oracle.

Thanks. Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 17:08:55 CST