Re: TNSPING from PL/SQL?

From: J.A. Cooper <julius.cooper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2005 13:12:03 -0800

>select sysdate into dummy_date_var
>from dual_at_dblinkx;

The problem with this is that I'm inside of an anonymous PL/SQL block--or maybe my program ability isn't as sophisticated as it need be: To my line of thought, I would (in accordance with this):

open the cursor;
try to do the select (as above);
if it works--how will I know? I'm inside a blind box! likewise, if it fails--how would I know?

I suppose I see how you could do some error handling there: if I can connect, proceed with the rest of it; if I can't connect, exit the loop?

Please clarify.

Regards,
Julius Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 15:12:03 CST