Re: TNSPING from PL/SQL?

From: J.A. Cooper <julius.cooper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2005 11:57:00 -0800

Ian,

thanks for the info...but this is only for the setup. For example, assume we plan to implement four databases, but only have one online currently. We want to setup DB2. So, my script would read the user_db_links table, and produce the following in temptbl:

conn hr/hr_at_db1
 @script1
:
:

conn hr/hr_at_db3
@script1
:
:

conn hr/hr_at_db4
@script1
:
:

So, when I run the dynamic script "runtime.sql," I would get

[Connecting to DB1]
Connected

[Connecting to DB3]
...Error! Could not start a dedicated server process

: Not connected
: Not connected

[Connecting to DB4]
...Error! Could not start a dedicated server process

: Not connected
: Not connected

This is a replicated environment, so the "site is down" issue should be handle by the application (switching to the other db, etc.), and does not require intervention from myself or other DBAs.

Thanks again!
Julius Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 13:57:00 CST