Re: Oracle vs. Microsoft in analysis languages

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:45:29 GMT

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:43:11 -0800, dbahooker wrote:

> i mean.. www.olapreport.com do you see oracles' market share?
> do you see microsofts?

Absolutely excellent report. I notice that SAS - long considered the Gold Standard in the market - sits at the bottom (12th position) and Microsoft is at the top.

Does this mean that Microsoft's tools are the MacDonald's of the OLAP world? - Popular because they are cheap rather than good? I wonder????