Find the first record, for every day

From: <ohahaahr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2005 01:48:44 -0800

Hi !

I have a tricky problem, and i can't solve it.

I have the following table T1, with the following fields and records:

Date_ Status
---------- -------

2005-12-01  2
2005-12-01  1
2005-12-17  1
2005-12-18  2
2005-12-18  10

I want to generate on output, that gives me the "first" record every day. The output should look like this:

Date_ Status

2005-12-01  2
2005-12-17  1
2005-12-18  2

This appears to be a very simple problem, but i can't find the solution. Can anybody give me a hint ? (I have tried with rownum, but that didn't work).

Regards,
Ole Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 03:48:44 CST