Re: Unable to deinstall oracle home

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:20:50 +0100

On 20 Dec 2005 08:56:00 -0800, mjyothi_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I installed the patch 9.2.0.6.0 and it created a new home.
>Now i want to Deinstall this home. But somehow it does not allow me to
>deinstall. What can be the reason.
>
>Thanks
>jyothi

  1. on what platform?
  2. what does 'somehow it does not allow me to deinstall' mean? What do we get if we guess correctly what happened?
  3. the patch doesn't create a new home out of it's own
  4. did you read the installation instructions or did you just hit a button somewhere?
--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA