Oracle not logging or tracing

From: Crazy Cat <danbredy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Dec 2005 12:40:36 -0800

Hi,

I'm having a problem with connecting to a version 9 Oracle database with SQL Server 2005 and the Micrsoft Oracle Ole DB Provider with an Oracle 10 client. Basically when I attempt to connect to a linked server in SQL Server 2005 that uses the Microsoft Ole DB Provider I get the following error - Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1 Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "MSORACLE".  In attempting to get more info on the problem I discovered that apparently my Oracle client is not logging any errors. I went into the Oracle Net Manager and set the trace level to Admin and left all the other parameters blank (assuming that it would just write to the defaults), but no files are produced (sqlnet.trc or sqlnet.log).

Am I missing something here?

Thanks Received on Mon Dec 19 2005 - 14:40:36 CST