How to find the Overall cost of a query?

From: <juhunu_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Dec 2005 05:13:49 -0800

Hi

Searched the web and other groups a lot. But unable to get a right way of doing this.

I am having the execution plan of a query. Now i want to validate whether the figures given in that are valid or not, like the Rows, Bytes and cost.

I also want to know how the over all cost is determined from the cost of the children steps and how the cost of each and every individual steps are identified.

Would be great if I am pointed to some relevant links or somone explains how I can manually compute the cost given the execution plan

Thanks Received on Mon Dec 19 2005 - 07:13:49 CST