can get log on to oracle 9i

From: oracle nubbie <1reklaw1_at_comcast.net>
Date: 16 Dec 2005 01:49:44 -0800

hello everyone, i am a student and trying to learn oracle. my problem is that i install oracle 9i on my computer, when i try to log on i get an error message saying, error, ora-12560:TNS: protocal adapter error. so i was wondering how can i change my user id and password so that i can enjoy the learning processes of oracle. i really need help badly totally lost at this time.
 the user id i try using was scott and password is tiger, my teacher say this would work but it doesn't can someone anyone please help me. Received on Fri Dec 16 2005 - 03:49:44 CST