JavaDoc for Oracle PL/SQL?

From: <redrobot5050_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 11:21:39 -0800

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone here can help me with my question. We're responsible for creating a "developer doc" called a System Architecture Document (SAD). Our SAD is supposed to contain the following:

1) A list of every procedure/function
2) The procedure or function's input
3) Tables used by the function/procedure
4) output or returned values

We'd like to automate this process to make it as easy as possible, and to make it so that we can update this document automatically when we migrate our code from a development to a testing instance. (Or, really anytime it needs to be updated).

I know there are automated tools out there that will look for mark up tags and generate HTML documentation, such as javadoc. I'm wondering if there's one out there that works with PL/SQL, or if Oracle has some kind of function where it can extract this all from its Data Dictionary.

If not, we can always fall back on marking up the source files and using Ruby/Perl to parse it for mark up and generate the documentation.

Thank you in advance for your insights,
Chris Received on Thu Dec 15 2005 - 13:21:39 CST