Re: SELECT CASE WHEN errors when using OraOLEDB and Static ADO RS

From: <olippold_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 08:02:15 -0800

I've actually now found the problem. When I traced the query, it was stripping various spaces out so I got:

SELECT startdate, (CASE WHEN groupno = 0 THEN1 ELSE2 END) AS groupno
FROM ware01
WHERE pbi = '133460125008' AND dateclassed = 20051005 ORDER BY startdate DESC

It was doing the same sort of thing with subqueries, though in those situations, every single space was disappearing from the subquery. I noticed on the Oracle forums, other people have been having the same sort of problems
(http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=148&messageID=623256&threadID=222860).

I have now installed the latest OLE DB Driver (9.2.7) and this problem is resolved, though I'm somewhat surprised they released such a poor driver in the first place!

Thanks for all your input.
Oliver Received on Thu Dec 15 2005 - 10:02:15 CST