Setting up Oracle Database for Production

From: <mjyothi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 06:07:06 -0800

Hello all,

I am a beginner in Oracle DBA.
I need to setup a oracle database for the production Environment.

I have browsed through the net and oracle site. The basic things to consider will be

1) to set it up in Archive log mode
2) Multiplex the Redo log files
3) Multiplex the control files. (Better to have one in every location
of the Multiplex Redo log file)
4) Redo log files and ARchive logs should be on separate disks 5) Datafiles and Redologs need to be on separate disks

Now i have a Oracle server with a single raid system , c:\ is about 6gb and d:\ is approx 54 gb.
I installed the oracle server on D:\
and will install the database also on the D:\

I will place the Red log members one on the C:\ and one on the D:\ and the control files one on the c:\ and the other on D:\

Now when it comes to placing the Archive log files, since i have only two drives c:\ and D:\, i want to place it on the network on different Location

Questions

  1. is this the right approach to setting up the Production environment 2)I used DBCA to create the database and the DBCA does not allow to give Network path in the ARchive log destinations file path. (any suggestions how to place th archive log on the network in a differnent system).
  2. Does any one of you have a template of production qualifications for Oracle.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Jyothi Received on Thu Dec 15 2005 - 08:07:06 CST