Re: Import error - SQL statement exceeded buffer length

From: Twadam <Troy.Adam_at_hamot.org>
Date: 14 Dec 2005 05:24:20 -0800

Sorry, it's Oracle 9i running on AIX 5.2.

What buffer could it be referring to? Shared Pool??

I did import everything. It said at the end of the log "import terminated SUCCESSFULLY with warnings". So I believe all the data and tables are there ... just some lengthy description text was truncated ?

This was actually a refresh from Prod to Test. I have done this several times and this is the first I've seen this error. Normally we want to refresh all of the test system with the production data, HOWEVER the users would like certain schemas left intact (not overwritten).

What I have done is a full exp of TEST (for use later to get the wanted schemas). Restore Test using last nights backup of PROD (the instance names are the same; diff servers). Then I drop the oralce users with cascade option from Test, for the schemas we want to keep ( I know, sounds scary ... but test is also backed up in addition to the just performed exp). Re create the users and thier permissions in Test ... then imp the schemas from the earlier full exp using fromuser=;touser=.

This has been a solid way to do this in the past ... I am just curious what this error is trying to portray. I looked between Prod and Test and this particular schema looks to be identical ... same number of tables ... no views in either.

Does an import do some activity at the end of importing a schemas tables ?
You know, similar to it importing synonyms,etc prior to the data. Does it do something after it imports the data ?

BTW-The schema's imported just prior and post this particular one had no warnings at all. From the same .dmp file.

Troy Received on Wed Dec 14 2005 - 07:24:20 CST