Re: dbms_output from dbms_jobs procedures

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:59:33 -0000

In article <1134550096.100826.241610_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, sybrandb_at_yahoo.com says...
> Right now, your dbms_output is ending up in a 'black hole' (in reality
> the PGA), and this may cause your procedure to fail.

Hi Sybrand, how may this cause the procedure to fail? I know that if running the procedure in sqlplus the buffer may be exceeded causing an exception but my understanding (perhaps incorrect?) was that the output would simply be disregarded unless being run by a "dbms_output-aware" tool?

--

jeremy