Looking for a book / intro to analysing SQL traces

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2005 01:20:04 -0800

Because its not at all clear to me what all the output is showing, even on simple queries sometimes. I generally just look at the final COST value but there is a whole lot more, which I'm not sure about, even whether its useful at all by general users.

I'm talking about the output of:

set autotrace on explain
run query
set autotrace off explain

and also that which is displayed by the EM.

Thanks,

Dean Received on Tue Dec 13 2005 - 03:20:04 CST