Associative Arrays - Oracle 9i

From: Kent Brye <kbrye_at_ncbex.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:03:51 -0600

It's Monday and I'm having a problem grasping how to do something. Does anyone have a vanilla example of how to create, fill, cursor off of an associative array?

I'm trying to manipulate some text (varchar2 column) for a report to put in some line numbers that would be is used in editing. Like in a legal document so you can quickly get to line 43 for example. In any event I was going to parse the text into a predetermined length (i.e. 80 char wide) and put in line numbers. The associative array would have two columns: line number and text string. The stored procedure used for the report would have a cursor that would select off of the associative array. The stored proc would be used in crystal reports for the final output. I'm more than open to other ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Kent Brye
National Conference of Bar Examiners
kbrye_at_ncbex.org
voice: (608) 280-8550 ext. 103
fax: (608) 442-7967 Received on Mon Dec 12 2005 - 15:03:51 CST