Re: degree asignment

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:10:15 -0800

Lister wrote:
> At college, I am doing a multimedia course (degree level, or
> thereabouts)and I have to write five hundred words on Oracle. I know
> very little about oracle, except that it's a high end database engine
> generally used by big multinational companies. As port of the
> assignment, I have to get information from less obvious sources, such
> as newsgroups. What sort of things should I say about Oracle?
>
> Cheers

Good advice to you from the others that responded but were you my student, and given that this is a multimedia course (excuse me but what do you mean by degree level, or thereabouts?) you should concentrate on Oracle not as a relational database but as a multimedi platform.

I would therefore suggest you go to http://otn.oracle.com and search on the following key words:

  1. InterMedia
  2. InterMediaMovie
  3. InterMedia Audio
  4. UltraSearch
  5. BLOB
  6. Rich Media Content
  7. Multimedia

Focus your paper on how Oracle has extended the relational database paradigm to store, retrieve, and deliver multimedia content such as movies, audio, graphics, and dynamic web page.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org