OraOLEDB.Oracle, ref cursors and VB

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 06:05:52 GMT

I'm working with 8i on XP.

I downloaded some sample code from otn that shows how to pass multiple ref cursors from a sp using VB. The sample uses OraOLEDB.Oracle provider. When I try to connect using that provider I get the message "Provider cannot be found. It may not be installed properly."

Googling, I found many discussions of this problem but couldn't find a solution.

I am able to connect to the db using MSDAORA provider.

Is OraOLEDB.Oracle supposed to be part of the 8i client?

If I can't get OraOLEDB.Oracle to work, will MSDAORA permit passing ref cursors as demonstrated in the Oracle provided example?

Any suggestions appreciated.
Randy Harris Received on Fri Dec 09 2005 - 00:05:52 CST