Re:

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:54:01 -0800

Thomas wrote:
> From: "Thomas" <thomas93_at_streamyx.com>
> Subject: Re: Assignment HELP
> Date: Saturday, December 03, 2005 1:40 AM
>
> I get TNS:Protocol dapter error
>
> It's simple database and I need to pass it up tommorow.... Cant seem to do
> anything now. Please help
>
> "G Quesnel" <dbaguy_ott_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>What is it you need help with ?
>>Can you connect to an Oracle database ?
>>What have you tried ? and what were the error messages ?
>>
>>Can you be more specific with what it is you would need help with.
>>We can't tell you, you have a syntax error for example, without seing
>>your code.

  1. Do not top post.
  2. You did not post the error message ... you posted your impression of the error message. If you were more cooperative you'd get faster help.

I don't see a version number

I don't see the actual full text of the Oracle error message beginning with ORA-

I don't see an operating system.

I don't see the name of the product you are trying to use to connect.

In short what I see is: "Help the house is on fire" but no address for the house.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org