Re: Internationalization - poinetrs please

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2005 04:35:49 -0800

Could you demonstrate your statement 2?
In my experience it isn't true anymore since 8i.

Yesterday I created a 9i database on Solaris, and while I did have to change the characterset from WE8ISO8859P1 to WE8ISO8859P15 (allowing for the Eurio), it definitely wasn't US7ASCII.

So, I don't think your statement is true, and in Europe your advice to use WE8ISO8859P1 is incorrect.
It needs to be WE8ISO8859P15 on Unix and WE8MSWIN1252 on Winblows.

Regards,

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA