Re: Celerons and Semprons with Oracle 10g

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:06:19 GMT

"JustMe" <not_at_home.com> wrote in news:UPudnQl5lcmAQxjeRVnyiw_at_pipex.net:

> HI,
> I tried to install Oracle on a Celeron machine a couple of years ago
> and the install failed.
>
> Will Oracle10g Standard/Enterprise install on the latest batch of
> "budget" processors from Intel and AMD.
> Are there any other issues I should be aware of with Oracle on these
> processors?
>
> TIA

What make you conclude that Oracle knows or cares about which manufacturer made the CPU chip or which model the chip might be?

AFAIK - Oracle is a CPU agnostic.

Any installation failure is most likely attributable to either OS problems or simply PEBKAC ( due to lack of RTFM). Received on Thu Nov 24 2005 - 18:06:19 CST